Well, that was 2012 and now we here in 2013. Over the last few months I haven’t had much opportunity to write for my blog. This does not mean I have been sitting back resting on my laurels though! I will of course be updating you all on what has been happening over the last few months in my world of education. By July this year I will have completed ten years as a teacher (!) – Where did all that time go? I will be looking back on the highs and lows, and looking towards the future.
So 2013, what will the year be offering Mike Tidd and the world of education? Here are a few of the topics and issues I shall be looking at over the next few weeks:
- TeachMeet Dorset – I attended my first TeachMeet and now want to organise my own
- Michael Gove’s education changes and the challenges ahead
- The role of new technology in my classroom and using it!
- Geography as a leading subject in teaching
- Freebies – teaching ideas don’t have to cost money or use technology
- Fieldwork opportunities for students
- What now for a ‘new’ teacher?
- My ‘education revolution’
- New horizons for teaching and myself
I hope you will all continue to follow me on my journey through teaching. Thank you to everyone who reads my thoughts and opinions and to those who make comments on the blog. Thank you!