As I have previously stated in my blog and from my article for Sec-Ed, films are a fantastic way in which to engage young learners. For interest (and a bit of fun!) I have complied together my ‘Top Ten’ Geography related films. This first appeared in my article Learning from Films in April 2009 for Sec-Ed.
- Slumdog Millionaire – life in within the shanty towns of Mumbai
- Brassed Off – industrial decline in the UK
- The Day After Tomorrow – climate change has never been this traumatic!
- City of God – the daily lives of young people in the favelas of Rio
- Twister – the formation and impact of a twister
- There Will Be Blood – industrial growth of a more economically developed country
- Dante’s Peak – shows most of the features of a volcano
- Lawrence of Arabia – illustrates desert features
- Kes – life in 1960s Britain
- The Full Monty – industrial decline within the UK
Q. What would be in your Top Ten Films for your subject? I look forward to hearing from you.